Saturday, April 5, 2008

Daddy I Miss You!!!!




well on April 5Th 1997 my whole life changed forever the man who raised me from the time I was 3 until the day he died,was gone and he would not be coming back. he was not a perfect man but he did the best he could and made sure that i did not want for anything him and my mother were married divorced and remarried during the time that they were divorced he paid child support and made sure that i was taken care of. I remember spending spring break with him and not my real father. he was raised in North Carolina and came to Oklahoma in the early 80's only to go visit once I never met his family until after he had passed. when he passed away we did not have medical insurance, life insurance and he was are main source of income so this left my mother having to take loans to have a funeral so after 11 years we finally got a head stone for his grave. I'm so grateful that we were able to do this i fill the need to explain the photos I'm about to post he was from a different times than today and he was raised in the south so rebel flags where not uncommon so we always fly a rebel flags at his grave it is not a racist thing i promise! these are the words to a Alan Jackson song that really makes me think of my dad every time i hear it i wish i could tell you that death gets easier but i don't think it does their is not a day that goes by that i do not think of him and miss him dearly i just simply cope....


Born the middle son of a farmer And a small town Southern man Like his daddy's daddy before him Brought up workin' on the land Fell in love with a small town woman And they married up and settled down Natural way of life if you're lucky For a small town Southern man First there came four pretty daughters For this small town Southern man

Then a few years later came another A boy, he wasn't planned Seven people livin' all together In a house built with his own hands Little words with love and understandin' From a small town Southern man Chorus:

And he bowed his head to Jesus And he stood for Uncle Sam And he only loved one woman(He) was always proud of what he had He said his greatest contribution Is the ones you leave behind Raised on the ways and gentle kindness Of a small town Southern man(Raised on the ways and gentle kindness)(Of a small town Southern man)

Callous hands told the story For this small town Southern man He gave it all to keep it all together And keep his family on his land Like his daddy, years wore out his body Made it hard just to walk and stand You can break the back But you can't break the spirit Of a small town Southern man
(Repeat Chorus)

Finally death came callin' For this small town Southern man He said it's alright 'cause I see angels And they got me by the hand Don't you cry, and don't you worry I'm blessed, and I know I am' Cause God has a place in Heaven For a small town Southern man

(Repeat Chorus)

their is another one called Dixie lullaby ill post it someother time i think i have to do a new post for the photos its not letting me upload them okay i got them i painted the flags on the front my self and the poem thing on the back i used to always by him on hats and bummber stickers since he was my step-father! sorry for the long post

No comments: